English Final Project

Name       : Izzah Mufliha

NIM        : G1C121088

Class        : R001

Major        : Psychology

Lecture    : Melati, S.Pd., M. CC.

Lesson    : English

 1.      English Council

On this website, I chose the Upper Intermediate (B2) level. Then, I chose a business interview and a lecture about an experiment as listening lessons. First, I did part of a business interview. There are voice recordings, transcripts and there are two tasks related to the voice recordings that must be done.

When I listened to the voice recording from the listening lesson, I couldn't really understand what the voice recording was saying. I even had to repeat one more time to hear it. However, I have not read the transcript of the voice recording earlier. What I understood little from the recording was that it contained a conversation between the presenter and someone named Anna who was talking about a learning application.

After that, I did the first task in the form of six multiple choice questions. Of the six questions, I answered correctly as many as many questions. Then on the second task, I was instructed to match the words that have been provided there. Of the six words provided, I answered four words correctly. 

For the second listening lesson, I chose a lecture about an experiment. This audio recording of listening skills talks about the oldest experiment ever done. I did this second listening lesson in the same way as I did in the first listening lesson. However, the second task in this listening lesson is different from the first listening lesson. The first task is in the form of multiple choice. Of the six questions, I answered three questions correctly.

The second task in this listening lesson ordered me to complete the sentences provided with 1-3 words or numbers. Of the six sentences, I answered four sentences correctly.

After I did two listening lessons from this website, I found that my listening skills still needed to be improved. It was difficult for me to understand what the voice recording provided on this website was saying and the number of correct answers I got after doing the assignment, shows why I should improve my listening skills. This website is very useful for improving English skills because it can be accessed for free and freely by anyone.

 

2.      Cambridge English

On this website I chose the intermediate level W&I. The first topic I chose was an article: The Area Where You Live. There I was ordered to write an article that contains the advantages and disadvantages that I get in my residence and suggestions for my residence to develop.

I told you that I lived in the village of Lesung Batu. The advantage that I feel when I live there is that I feel comfortable because the people are friendly and still uphold tolerance, mutual cooperation, and cultural values ​​that are still closely attached. Then the loss that I feel is that the many cases of drug abuse and distribution that occur there have damaged the good image of the place where I live and it also makes us as citizens angry and afraid. I suggest that the local government can act decisively on this and not turn a blind eye as if nothing happened.

Then the second topic I chose was an article: Music and Me. I told him that I am not a person who really likes music. This is because I am not talented in this field and I prefer to spend my free time watching movies. I told him that I liked poetic music. Sometimes I listen to music that can represent my feelings even I can cry because of it.

From the writings that I write, I get feedback showing that I still have to improve my writing skills. There are still many mistakes in my writing.

 

Komentar